Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Game of Doom!

So last night we one of the biggest games of the year for our girls soccer team, we played DAVIESS COUNTY! I personally was really nevous about the game and wanted to win so bad it made me sick to my stomach. before the game had started I looked in the stands for my parents and boyfriend, not seeing my boyfriend anywhere my mind got sidetracked from the game, and i just got plan out mad. The whistle to the start of the game and my anger towards my boyfriend not being there made the game all more important to me. At kickoff I was ready for take off and down the field I went not slowing down for anything or anyone. Not knowing that the newpaper photographer was there capturing my hard intense moves as i bodied a girl from daviess county off the ball he snapped the shot that would be on the front page of the newpaper in the sports section the next day. When i arrived home from the game thinking about the game the whole way home and how we lost 2-1 in the last 2 mins. and 30 secs. of the game from a goal that Paige Cramer lofted over 3 of our defenders and into the back of the net making that swoosh sound and the ball hitting the ground making that thud sound. That play kept running through my head as i sat there in my car. I'm not gunna lie i had tears streck down my checks all the way home not only because i lost the game but also because my boyfriend wasn't there to support me as i went against the only team in our district who hadn't been scored on yet. I wish i would of had the support from him to be there and i wish i would have taken the reason he gave me better than i did. i wish i would just listen to his reason, say it's ok, and move on but my mind doesnt work that way i react and get mad and sad, instead of understanding. now that i'm looking at how i acted last night i feel terrible for some of the things i said and how selfish i sounded. this game could have been a boom instead of a doom if only we hadnt fallen apart in the second half.

1 comment: