Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Lesson Learned

okay so this fall break i was supposed to go visit the UofL campus for my official campus visit, but this didn't happen. the story goes a little something like this i went up to Louisville following my friend and by the time we got into the town of Louisville it was dark, which was pretty scary for me because i don't like not knowing where I'm going. when suddenly we come up to this light and we are in a turning lane only and i try to cut over still following my friend and flipping out because i have to ride over this median and cut off another driver. after almost getting into a wreck my trip was starting off fantastic; me and my friend finally arrive at her house where I'm going to be living while attending college to see what the house is like and meet her family to make sure this is going to work out. the house was great, it was large enough to hold two families, and it had a pool and a hot tub :). having gotten to see where i would be staying while living there helped me to get an understanding of how much stuff i would need to buy and get a chance to meet her brothers and mom who would also be living with us. her brother turned out to be pretty cool and her mom was really nice, this kind of bringing the trip back up to the level where i like it on the happiness meter. the night we go to bed not having talked to my friends mom about the visit to the college yet. the next day we wake up and go out on the town with my friends oldest brother; we visit a consignment shop and then me and my friend decide to hit the mall to do some shopping. looking up for the next day when our visit was supposed to be set up i cant wait to go visit the college. the real adventure was still to come. going home that night exhausted from shopping we talk to her mom about the campus visit and she says she couldn't get one set up for this week, and of course this makes the whole reason i came up to Louisville useless, but i still had fun. me and my friend the next day not having anymore money or anything to do we decide to head downtown and set up a visit ourselves, but not before we got lost for and hour on the campus. hungry and tired because the trip wasn't how i planned i start to get a little aggravated and tell my friend i have to eat something or I'm just going to get really mean. we quickly find a McDonald's and chow down, feeling much better with some food on my belly we finally find where we are supposed to go and make our appointment with the admissions office. still wishing to have visited the campus and little mad that this whole trip i had been wasted i decided to then look at the bright side at what i had gotten from his trip . i learned to not get mad at something that wont change, stay calm under pressure, eat when your hungry, and i got to catch up with an old friend. happy to have gotten some good things done the big problem was still to come i still had to go visit my sister, taking the lessons that i learned from Louisville i set off for Lexington and made it there and got what i wanted done by using these news lessons i had learned. I'm glad I'm learning now because i know down the road college is only go to bring more lesson learning so getting a head start now is a great beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment