Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Big Green Booger

My first driving lesson was in the Apollo parking lot with my mom in the "Big Green Booger." The Big Green Booger referring to the van because it is huge, boxy, and green. Back to driving now; so first off I had to move the seat like all the way up to the steering wheel and even then that wasn't good enough. I then proceeded to have to put a first aid kit under my butt just so I could see over the dash board. By the way I was about to turn 16 when I had this first driving experience. So being 15 1/2 in the Big Green Booger with my mom in the school parking lot of AHS was quite an experience. Now that I was all adjusted it was time to get the car started and put the pedal to the metal and that literally is what I did. The car started and when I got it into drive the car jumped forward and I was off to the races. Remember now I was in an empty parking lot, meaning there were no cars but that didn't mean there were no poles. So you can guess what happens next? Did you think I crashed? No, I didn't crash, I whipped the van around the pole in a donut nearly tipping it over. After that was all said and done my mom never let me drive again until after I got my permit. And still to this day my driving skills aren't the best! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment