Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reasons for Getting Tattoos

1. Most people get tattoos because they have some sentimental meaning behind them. a story to tell that can be displayed on your body for the world to see.

2. Others get tattoos because they want to show their expressions of likes and dislikes on the outward side of their body. its like a body suit of art allowing all to see the way they are.

3. Then there are those artistic people who use their body as a canvas to show the world on no better place than their own body, making as a gallery of art for different people to see everyday.

Now my reasons for getting my tattoos:

  • First off i like the pain received while getting a new tattoo. its like your whole body becomes numb with sensation of the needles hitting my skin and the fact that it is such a permanent move in my life that i can now make, makes it all the more worth while.
  • i love the symbolism or story behind each tattoo and and the way they look on your body, I'm very artistic so having a saw in what kind of art i can display on my own body makes me feel like i have control and a beautiful piece of art to show for it.
  • i love the way tattoos look on people and asking about why they got them there and why they got that, its a good conversation piece and makes for a beautiful piece of art that can be permanent.
  • i myself have three tattoos and enjoy each one of them. i have three stars in purple, pink, and blue on my back between my shoulder blades for a representation of me and my other two sisters. then i got these angel wings on the sides of the stars because of this saying my dad would always tell me and my other sisters. he would say, "you girls are my three little wonders of the world and angels of the heaven." thus my reasoning for the stars because they are seen as the wonders of the world and the sky and the angle wings to the sides as a symbol for the my dads old saying and seeing us as his little angels.
  • The other tattoo that i have is of a hark, which a type of bird, holding an olive branch in its mouth on the top of my foot. this one definitely hurt the most out of the three but was well worth all the pain in the end. the end result is a great piece of art that i can see everyday as a reminder of why i got it. i got this tattoo to symbolize the bird that left Noah's arc to go in search of dry land. returning to the boat with an olive branch to show the people that there was still a chance of living on this earth. this tattoo is a symbol for second chances, and putting it on my foot is another symbol as a thanks to god for letting me walk this earth that he left us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment